Friday, November 8, 2013

Man Up, Richie

Nobody asked me for my opinion, so here’s me offering my two cents to a machine that only takes quarters: I don’t care if Incognito did it or not, I don’t care what the context is, I don’t even care if Martin’s agent selectively edited things or even fabricated the whole thing. You’re out, Incognito. Man up and deal with it.

You’re a tough guy, right? Be tough, be a man. Let me quote some of the people talking about this right now, all of them NFL players: "You're a grown-ass man. You need to stand up for yourself." "Playing football is a man's job." “That's something you have to handle as a man!" “Fight, handle it." “Go down swinging.” Yeah, I took some of those out of context, so what, you gonna sic an MLA expert on me?

So you got kicked out, so what? People lose their jobs all the time for stupid reasons. Do you see their pictures on the covers of websites and magazines? So now you ain’t getting paid millions to feel up other men on a field in front thousands of screaming fans. Boo hoo.

Don’t like what I’m saying? Text me, I’ll give you my address, you can come tell me yourself. But let’s be for real here. For real for real. You won’t. Because I don’t matter. None of this matters. The only people this matters to are the news agencies making billions off what you did or didn’t do. Those of us who are reading these websites and making blog posts, you think we care about you, or Martin? We don’t even know you.

It’s a tough world, Incognito, it’s a bitter, harsh universe out there and it don’t give a damn about you or me or anyone else. Man up. Take your hit. Go get a job tossing couches into vans or something.

Oh, and if you did do it? Shut the fuck up.